CAUTION: EQUIPMENT IS STATIC SENSITIVE!
- Use an anti-static wrist strap when handling a hard drive.
- Discharge any static electricity from your body by touching a grounded object (such as a cold water pipe, grounded metal computer case, Etc.).
- Avoid touching the circuit board or electrical connectors when handling the hard drive.
- Have a qualified technician remove the hard drive from the computer.
- Place the hard drive in an anti-static bag.
- Pack hard drive in a suitable shipping carton with a minimum of 2 inches packing material between the drive and carton. For best results, use a shipping carton designed for hard drives (such as a manufacturer’s shipping carton).
- Include a copy of Form DRR-1273 in the same shipping carton as the drive.
- Mark the outside of the shipping carton with your job number.
- Whenever possible, use a shipping service with tracking capabilities (Fed-X, UPS, Airborne Express, DHL, etc). For best results, use an overnight or 2nd day service.
- Ship the drive to:
Data Recovery and ReconstructionThe package should be sent to the attention of your job number (Example: ATTN: JOB #1234).
150 E. Hardy Rd, Suite 208
Tucson, AZ 85737
- Contact Data Recovery and Reconstruction after the drive is shipped and let us know when the drive is expected and what your tracking number is (if applicable). Notifying us of an incoming shipment will allow us to schedule resources for your job in advance, thereby reducing turn-around time.